Robert B. Turner
In 1985 Mr. Turner graduated from Indiana University School of Law. Prior to that he served on the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department holding several positions within the administration and operations. He served as the Director of the Training Academy, Captain of Quadrant IV, Operations Division, Narcotics and Vice Branch Commander, just to name a few.
In 2000, Mr. Turner was appointed as the Director of Public Safety for the City of Indianapolis by Mayor Bart Peterson and served in that position until 2006.
Since departing his position with the City of Indianapolis, Mr. Turner has turned his focus solely to the practice of law.
- Indiana State Bar, 1983
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Indiana, 1983
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Indiana, 1983
- Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals, 1997
- New Mexico State Bar, 2012
- Indiana University School of Law – Indianapolis, J.D., 1985
- Indiana University, Bachelor of Arts, 1978
Special Certifications and Achievements:
- Certified Police Legal Advisor
- Law Enforcement Instructor
- Security Consultant / Dignitary Protection
- Board of Public Safety, Board President
- Indianapolis Public Schools Career & Technology Board
- Ivy Tech Criminal Justice, Member
- USAR Task Force Board